Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happiness Within Reach



I finally unpacked all the boxes you sent to me and discovered a pamphlet from Vaden called "7 Days to a Happier You" and I want to share with you the 7 days in 7 blog posts.

Day the first


List 50 things that make you happy, circle the top 10, and try to do at least 1 each day, starting today!

1. Watching Spongebob
2. Listening to spillcom podcasts
3. Knitting
4. Watching tv shows/movies on Netflix
5. Walking on sunny/breezy days
6. Discovering things in my neighborhood
7. Spending time with good friends
8. Talking to my mom
9. Talking to my lil brother
10. Hearing from my sisters
11.  Spending time with my niece and nephew
12.  Being home in Texas
13. Corny jokes
14. Eating good food
15. Eating good snacks or dessert
16. Cooking
17. Reading a particularly good book
18. Writing
19. Cleaning
20. Having a clean apartment/room/space
21. Meaningful work (career/job)
22. Playing online or computer games
23. Playing video games
24. Playing board games
25. Watching The Simpsons
26. Writing letters to people
27. Receiving letters from people
28. Getting packages in the mail
29. Giving people gifts
30. Singing happy birthday to someone
31. Giving myself a pedicure
32. Taking a long hot bath with bubbles and good music, movie, or book
33. Walking on a beach
34. Looking at a body of water
35. Enjoying a park
36. Enjoying a view from high up
37. Talking to old friends
38. Watching classic childhood favorites from Nickelodeon and Disney
39.  Watching movies I loved as a kid like Little Monsters or TMNT
40. Watching a Disney Movie
41. Washing my hair
42. Taking care of my locs
43. Putting oil in my locs
44. Watching documentaries
45. Arts and Crafts sorts of projects
46. Sleeping in a clean, comfortable bed
47. Sleeping in
48. My Barbar
49. Organizing my room
50. Good smells like Febreze or natural scents from cooking


The top ten:
1. Spending time with family
2. Spending time with friends
3. Enjoying movies/tv shows
4. Sensuous baths
5. Walking and enjoying parks
6. Doing my hair
7. Writing be it on a blog, to a friend, or to myself
8. Reading a good book
9. Playing online, computer, board, or video games
10. Having a clean space, or cleaning in and of itself

No comments:

Post a Comment