Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Guess You Can't Escape Politics



My manager is constantly leaving her laptop charger or other behind and I end up shouldering the responsibility of getting it back to her.  Just this past Tuesday she came to the reading center to get the charger she had left behind last Thursday.  Only, she leaves it again!  She leaves, early, but calls me to ask how she can get back into the building since the main doors were already locked.

You can probably see where this all went.  I told her that I would have to go down (the 5 flights of) stairs and open it for her.  She goes, "oh well could you just bring the charger with you?"

I get down there and guess what? To compensate for the trip down Tiffany hands me an armful of donated books for the reading center and a tri-fold board to carry back up the stairs!

Convenient how she forgot them when she came in that morning or after lunch or even mentioning them on the phone to me before I went downstairs.  She could have at least helped me back up the stairs with the stuff!!


This is only one of already many tiffs I have already had with my manager Tiffany.  My biggest concern is when I apply to work for this organization in Dallas next year her account of my first weeks on the job won't be positive...

No comments:

Post a Comment